Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Decisions, Decisions

I'm in the middle of a crazy busy week, there's so much going on in these last days before our commitment ceremony. Work, meetings, and some major decisions to be made about my ministry placement(s) for the next 5 months or so. Eek! Good thing I have a reflection day tomorrow so I can just relax and reflect and really spend some solid time deciding where I'd like to be.

Speaking of my reflection day, we sent one of the Sisters into a bit of a fit after she read both of our posts about our reflection days and how we don't really know what to do with ourselves some weeks. So she snatched us up after prayer last week and drew us this very elaborate (see below) map of the local public library. She absolutely insists that we get out of the monastery for the whole day, and go set up shop in one of the big comfy chairs by the huge windows that overlook the water. She told us to just go read, relax, reflect, and nap if the mood so strikes us. So I'm thinking that will be my adventure tomorrow.

In other news, I'm discovering more and more how utterly goofy some of these women can be. It seems like every time I get in the car with a couple of Sisters, I'm laughing so hard I can't breathe. Whether we're driving to work at 7:30 in the morning, or driving to or from some event in town, it's always a wildly entertaining and absolutely ridiculous car ride. Anytime we get together and play a game or two in the evening also almost always promises to be an outrageously funny time.

Everyone keeps telling Alyssa and I that they hope we're behaving. In some instances, I'd say they should probably be a little more concerned about some of the Sisters behaving. But I mean, we're not instigators or anything. We'd never do that :)

Handy map of the local library

No comments:

Post a Comment