Monday, July 9, 2012

A Photo-A-Day

Wise words spoken by my director today as we stood in the mildly slow-moving lunch line: "There are many virtues to be learned this year, patience is one of them."

Is it ever. Last night I was putting the finishing touches on a post when I accidentally clicked on the wrong button and lost everything. I was particularly annoyed because I had spent a couple of days working on it off and on and was super frustrated because it was a stupid mistake that caused me to lose it.

So, here it is again, as best as I can remember it. And maybe it'll turn out better the 2nd time around. I'd like to think that at least :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've recently succumbed to a growing fad I've been noticing on Facebook. I have a friend/OSB oblate to thank for pulling me into this because I've been seeing it on my news feed daily for the last couple of months.

It's called the Photo-A-Day challenge, and it's exactly what it sounds like. At the beginning of the month, a list of prompts is posted giving you a different subject to photograph every day of the month. There are no rules, just to enjoy it and unleash your creative side a little bit.

I've really been enjoying participating in the challenge this month as it's making me take more notice of what's around me everyday as I search for the perfect photo to capture the day's prompt. I've always loved photography, so this is really fun for me. I'm only using the camera on my phone, nothing fancy, and an app on my phone called Instagram so I can add a little color boost to my photos and make them look a little more artsy.

This is something I wish I'd known about when I started this a year ago. Documenting my year in a photo a day would have been really interesting. It's something totally different from a blog or my journal, to capture what I'm seeing and physically experiencing, not just what I'm thinking and feeling.

Anywho, here's my Photo-A-Day July so far, maybe I'll throw in a few more photos later on into the month :)

Day 1: Self Portrait

Day 2: Busy

Day 3: Best part of Your Day

Day 4: Fun!

Day 5: On the Floor

Day 6: Chair

Day 7: Garden



No comments:

Post a Comment