Thursday, November 3, 2011

Fall Beauty

Today was my reflection day, and I had another chance to spend the day in a hermitage out in the woods. It was much nicer weather today than it was a couple of weeks ago. The sun was out, it was warm, and the leaves are just spectacular right now.

So after my usual time spent reading and taking a nap first thing this morning after I got up to the herm, I decided I absolutely had to take a walk down to the lake. I'm a huge fan of crunchy leaves, I love the way they feel under my feet, and there was an abundance of them everywhere. It was probably the loudest walk of my life. Good luck trying to sneak up on someone out there, it's not possible this time of year.

I started out intending just to walk on the driveway that leads down to the lake at Glinodo, but once I got near the stream, and saw how absolutely beautiful everything looked with the leaves and the trees, I decided to walk along the water. I spent lots of time taking pictures on my phone since I forgot my camera, so they're not as good as I would have liked, but they captured the beauty of it nonetheless (check 'em out below).

I say all the time that I love all the seasons pretty equally, more specifically I like the seasons in their own time. I wish they each lasted 3 months, that would be pretty sufficient- especially for winter which likes to cling for almost 5 months some years. 

But there's something so perfect about fall when the leaves are all turning, and falling. I sat in the herm with all the blinds open this afternoon, and I couldn't get enough of the view of the trees and all the color. The leaves were falling so fast when the wind would pick up. I stood out on the porch in the quiet for a little bit and listened the rustle as they fell from the trees and to the ground.

Today was the most peaceful day I think I've ever had. Maybe it was the leaves. Maybe it was being alone out in the woods. Maybe it was the hour long tape of birds chirping that I listened to while I was reading and sewing (no...I'm not kidding.) Whatever it was, it was much needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment