Tuesday, February 14, 2012

L-O-V-E

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! It's a day all about love, and not just for a significant other, there's way more love out there to be had. Personally, I'm madly in love with life, with my family, my dearest friends, my crazy kids, these Sisters, and my little furball back home. God loves me, and I'm sharing that love with everyone I can.

Yesterday marked a couple of big things. It was on February 13th last year that Alyssa and I first came to the Mount for our initial meeting to begin the process to enter this program. I remember very vividly how nervous and excited I was, wondering how it would all turn out, not knowing if I'd be able to make it work. A whole year later, and it's crazy to see how fast it has gone, and to see how far I've come.

Last Friday was my last day at SBEC, and it was a great day. I was surprised with bagels and a couple of presents, one of them being a bag handmade by one of the refugees. It's such a nice gift and a wonderful reminder of my time there. Yesterday I began work at my new morning ministry with Emmaus, which includes the soup kitchen, food pantry, a women's advocacy program, and the Kid's Cafe. I'm still with the Kid's Cafe in the afternoons, and I'll split my time between the other three ministries in the mornings as needed. I'm excited to see what the next 6 months will bring, so far I'm enjoying it :)

One of my welcome signs yesterday morning :)
Words of wisdom from one of my kids at the Cafe

No comments:

Post a Comment