Monday, April 9, 2012

Alleluia!

I'm not sure I have the words to do justice to Holy Week here at the Mount. I can say for certain that I'm ruined for life, I'm not sure I want to experience the Triduum anywhere else but here. Everything about the services over the last few days was bursting with celebration and reverence. I absolutely loved it.

I was able to participate in a few things at the various services and events. There was egg decorating Wednesday night, I gave a reflection to the retreatants on the morning of Holy Thursday, I was a voice during the washing of the feet ceremony and a table server at dinner on Holy Thursday, I was a guide for the Good Friday Peace Pilgrimage, I was part of a liturgical movement group for a contemporary lamentation piece on environmental issues Saturday morning, I processed in with flowers at the Easter Vigil Saturday night, and Alyssa and I were in charge of decorating one of the niches in the back of the chapel. It was a non-stop few days, but it was nice to be included in multiple aspects.

From the first time I experienced the Triduum 2 years ago as I came to the end of my RCIA experience, I loved it. I've always liked Easter, but it definitely became my favorite part of the Liturgical year. I love it even more having experienced it here with this community. The Vigil Saturday night was by far my favorite part of Holy Week. The music alone was enough to floor me. Add in the way the readings were done, the flowers were processed in, the way everyone sang and danced at the end, it was beyond compare of anything I've ever been a part of.

Check out the Sisters' website here to see the story on decorating the chapel for Easter

Also check out Sister Susan Doubet's blog here for more photos and stories about Holy Week.


Happy Easter everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment