Friday, December 23, 2011

"It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas"

I know I said Christmas was in the air in my last post, but now I really mean it. 'Tis that time of year once again, and Christmas is almost in full swing at the Mount.

Wednesday night I helped in making pizzelle cookies for the first time, and I had a wonderful teacher. They were really fun to make, and we made a ton.

Last night was the trimming of the tree. We have an absolutely mammoth tree in the community room. It's super tall and really thick and full. It's so tall, in fact, it required Alyssa and I up on scaffolding to decorate the top half of it. Quite the experience, let me just say. After the tree was all decorated, we had prayer in the community room, blessed the tree, and sang plenty of carols.

Following the tree celebration, we then frosted and sprinkled dozens and dozens of cut-out cookies, and got to sample any casualties that broke in half in the process. They were really yummy. But even after all that, the decorating was nowhere near done.

Alyssa and I then helped put up another tree and a few decorations in the tv room down one of the halls. And even then, we weren't done. Our director requested our assistance in decorating the lounge down here hallway, which we were more than happy to help with. We put up another tree, strung up some purple lights and hung purple bulbs from the ceiling. It's a really cute set-up. After all that, we relaxed for a bit to admire our handiwork and chat for awhile.

So, in total, I helped with 3 separate trees and spent about 4 hours decorating, celebrating, and getting into the Christmas spirit. I just love this time of year :)

And I'm getting absolutely giddy because I'll be heading home and seeing my family in just 2 more days. I haven't been home since I moved here back in August, so I'm super excited. It'll be good spending a week seeing my family, some friends, and snuggling with my dog. Pray the weather cooperates for me on Sunday so I can make it home!!

I hope everyone has a very blessed Christmas, enjoy!!

(sorry the photos are a little blurry, they're from my phone!)

Alyssa with our mammoth tree to show you how huge it really is

Tree #2

     
Tree #3 :)

The huge manger set up in the community room

No comments:

Post a Comment