Friday, December 2, 2011

December?

Last I checked, November was just beginning. What's the deal?

It's been an average week for me, which I'm coming to learn means that I'm under the weather yet again. I woke up Tuesday with just a tickle in my throat, sometime in the middle of the night. By the time I got out of bed to get ready, it was definitely something more than a tickle. By lunch time I was ready to drop. Headache, raging sore throat, an earache, everything ached and I had that feeling like my head was submerged in a fish bowl.

Seriously? Where does this junk keep coming from?

I made it through my work day, feeling like a bit of a space cadet the whole time. When I got home from work, I got right into a pair of comfy pants and crawled into bed. Alyssa proceeded to give me some nyquil, and I was out like a light. I slept from 5:30pm on Tuesday until 10 the next morning, waking up every 2 hours or so to roll over, look at the clock, and groggily question my sanity (it was the germs talking). I did actually get out of bed somewhere around 7am Wednesday to call my mentor and tell her work was sadly not about to happen. Upon hearing my voice she agreed, and told me to call in to my jobs, and get the heck back in bed.

It's Friday, and I'm feeling quite a bit better. Two days straight in bed sleeping as much as possible helped, but my throat and ears are still giving me a hard time. We'll see how long this one decides to hang on for.

And I hate missing work, and prayer, and being quarantined in my room for a couple of days everytime I'm sick. It drives me absolutely bonkers. I've never gotten sick like this in my life. I'll usually get a couple of bad colds a year, but this is crazy.

I better have the best immune system on the planet when this is all said and done, or I'm going to be so ticked.

No comments:

Post a Comment