Saturday, August 27, 2011

Week 1 is in the Books!

And what a crazy week its been, jumping around to a few of the ministries and getting used to life at the Mount.

My favorites this week were Saint Benedict's Day Care where I spent a few hours Thursday morning and then running around AIM and Benetvision Friday, helping out with all things technological.

I love little kids, and spending the morning with them Thursday made my heart absolutely smile. I had five 2 year olds, and man were they adorable. It's such a cute, innocent age. I love it when they still like to sit in your lap and snuggle up to you, or find the greatest thrill in being picked up and spun around. Their giggles were absolutely infectious. I definitely hope to be going back again in the coming weeks.

I had a great time in the offices Yesterday for Benetvision and the Alliance for International Monasticism. For Benetvision I did the HTML formatting for their weekly newsletter publication, and I loved it. I hadn't done work like that since I was in middle school, and I forgot how much I really enjoy it. I also helped out with various computer related issues in the AIM office, tackling the chore of importing an address book with over 700 entries from one program to another. I have a feeling I may be snatched up as a bit of tech support for the offices on the 4th floor!

Overall it has been a great, fun and at times relaxing week. I've enjoyed all the work I've done in the ministries everyday, and I'm enjoying the chance to slow down and just be. My days are jam packed from when I wake up around 5:45 in the morning, until I go to bed around 10pm, but it's surprisingly relaxing, and I'm loving it all so far.

So here's to a great weekend, and I can't express how excited I am to not have to work on the weekend for the first time in almost 4 years. I don't know what's in store for the rest of the day, but I'm sure it will be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment