Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Little Bit of This and That

The "This and That Club" is a weekly gathering of some of the older Sisters that includes activities, movies and discussion. If you're really lucky, like I was today, it involves walker-robics and cookies, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

A couple of weeks ago Alyssa was asked to speak to the group on her reflection day to tell them more about herself and why she chose to come here for the year. I was so excited to hear all about it, and she even got a little write up on the website about it.

I was more than happy to say yes when I was asked to speak with the group this week on my reflection day. I was also thoroughly intrigued when I saw that walker-robics was on the agenda for the meeting, and was actually excited that I got to participate, it was pretty neat.

After some exercising, some book discussion, and some general chitchat, it was my turn to take the mic and try to explain everything I could about myself and how I ended up at the monastery for a year. As it was put before I began my talk, most every Sister here knows a little bit about the two of us, they know the basics, but they don't really know exactly why we're here or how it came to be in the first place.

It was a really nice opportunity to share a little more about myself, my family, my experiences in life both here and before, and how this wild ride is going for me so far. I know it meant a lot to the Sisters that I shared with, but it also means the world to me to be able to share more of myself with them. It truly was a very reflective experience, and I feel honored to have had the opportunity to share with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment