Friday, March 23, 2012

Through Another's Eyes

I was blessed to have exceptionally beautiful weather yesterday for my reflection day. I spent a couple of hours outside reading in the morning, and spent the bulk of my afternoon reading, reflecting and relaxing. I was outside again for awhile writing a letter to my cousin when one of our older and more senile sisters came outside to join me at the table on the deck.

After snoozing for a bit in the shade, she decided to get up and go back in but couldn't find the door that was propped open. Assuming she was locked out, she headed for the stairs and I followed behind her. I asked if she was going for a walk, she replied "well where are you going?" I told her I was going to go around the grounds and asked if she'd join me.

So we walked for about 15 minutes, and she marveled at the flowers in bloom and the trees with their colorful flowers but no leaves. It was a neat experience, sharing that walk with her and reflecting through the eyes of another person. Everything was new and exciting to her, she was filled with the awe of a child exploring the great outdoors, soaking in the sun and all the colors, singing "oh what a beautiful morning" the whole way. It was refreshing looking at the world the way she does- brand new and full of wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment